Find out everything you need to know about playing slots online in the UK at CasinoBillions.com.
We will help you learn the rules of the different games, the range of features available and point you towards the most reliable online slots operators.
Slots games are hugely popular, with players enjoying the simplistic nature of the gameplay along with the opportunity to win some eye-watering jackpots.
Although slot machines depend on luck, we will show you how to choose the best games to suit your needs and the strategies you can employ when playing them.
There are thousands of slots games available, so discover more about one of the most thrilling experiences you can have at online casino.
Popular Slots Games
There are a huge selection of slot sites to choose from, with each offering wide range of games to play. Here is a quick overview of the different types:
This is the simplest version of slots. The aim of the game is to line up three matching symbols along one pay-line. Playing this design will help understand the basic fundamentals of playing online slots.
Two additional reels take online slots games to another level, with players able to benefit from multiple pay-lines giving them even more opportunities to win.
This format takes the 5-reel slot and applies additional graphics to further enhance the gameplay experience. Video slots include animations, additional features, and different symbols. These are generally themed around comic book characters, famous movies or television shows.
Progressive jackpots are a prize pot that increases with every bet placed on slot sites in the UK. The jackpot keeps rising until someone wins and the amounts can often be life-changing sums of money. To win the jackpot you must match the specific winning symbols with a maximum bet spin.
Many online casinos offer sign-up promotions in the form of a deposit bonus, a no deposit bonus, free play credits or free spins. Players can use these types of promotions to build up their bankroll without depositing any of their own money. Free spins are a popular type of bonus, but make sure you choose the one that is right for you. Many slot site operators require you to “play through” a specific number of times before you win real money.
For people who have played slots in a real casino, the online versions will feel very familiar. The player simply chooses their game, decides on the number of pay-lines to activate, places their bet and presses the spin button. They are paid out any winnings according to a pre-determined payout table if they are successful.
A single online slot game requires players to match symbols in one row, while multi-line games offer winning opportunities in multiple angles, including diagonally and horizontally.
Many slot sites in the UK offer bonus features on their games which have the potential to significantly boost your winnings. Scatter symbols trigger a bonus game or higher payouts wherever they land on the reels, while wild symbols substitute other symbols in the game to create winning combinations.
Some online slot games also have nudge and hold features. These allow you to press the respective buttons to either move a reel up or down or hold a symbol or symbols to create winning combinations or trigger bonus features.
How To Play Like A Professional – Best Slots Game Tips
Slots games are a game of chance, but there numerous ways you can take your playing experience to another level. Here are a few of our best game tips:
- Every slot game has its own specific features, so spend time playing for free to learn how these work before parting with your hard-earned cash
- If you have £100 to play with, make sure you choose an online slots game that will give you the opportunity to have plenty of spins for your money
- Always take advantage of welcome bonuses and ongoing promotional offers. These give you the opportunity to boost your bankroll and further improve your chances of winning big
- Try and find online slots that have a good mix of fixed payouts and progressive jackpots. Some games have lower fixed payouts in order to boost the progressive element, so find one with the right balance
- Do not spend money you can’t afford. As win any other online casino game, set a sensible gambling budget and stick to it
How To Win At Slots
Take time to research various gambling operators to see what games they have available. There are thousands of different online slots to choose from, so find one that suits your playing style.
Check out the payout percentages to ensure you are giving yourself the best possible opportunity to make a profit. The best online casinos have a payout rate of around 95% – anything less than this and you are reducing your chances of winning.
If you are playing slot machines with a progressive jackpot, spend time researching how often these are paid out. This will help you identify the optimum times to play your chosen game.
Always read the terms and conditions for payout at your chosen online casino. Betting operators implement a system called Return to Player (RTP) to describe the percentage of any wagered money that will be paid back to players over time from casino games.
This is generally calculated as an average based on at least 1,000 plays. Many live casinos in the UK offer a payout percentage of around 95%, much higher than the 80-90% available in real-life casinos.
- Bankroll – The amount of money a player has to gamble with
- Bet – The amount wagered on the online slot
- Bet Max – To wager the maximum amount possible on the game
- Bonus Feature – An extra feature that offers players different ways to win
- Cashier – The area where you deposit and withdraw funds from your account
- Fixed Jackpot – The top prize in a slot game with an amount that remains unchanged
- Multi Line – A slot game that has more than one pay-line
- Payout Percentage – The rate that a slot game pays out to players
- Progressive Jackpot – A jackpot that keeps growing each time players make a wager on the machine. A small amount of the wager funds the jackpot which continues to rise until it is won
- Reels: Virtual ‘barrels’ on which the slot game’s symbols are located, which spin until they come to a stop to reveal any payouts
- Scatter Pay – A type of random bonus payout found in video slot games which could trigger another bonus feature or game
- Sign-Up/Welcome Bonus – A type of bonus offered to new customers when they join a casino
- Symbols – The images on the reels
- VIP – A high-value player that will typically get special treatment from a casino
- Wagering Requirements – The amount of money that must be wagered at an online casino in order to either earn a bonus or release a bonus to be withdrawn
- Wild Symbol – A designated symbol in the game that substitutes for other symbols to form winning combinations
The first ever slot machine was the Liberty Bell, built by Charles Fey in the late 1800s. Here are a few more interesting facts about slots:
- The largest slot machine was the Super Big Bertha. Made in the 1950s, the machine was 2.5 metres high and cost the equivalent of $1.2 million in today’s money to make
- Las Vegas has around 200,000 slot machines. That works out at about one slot for every eight people living there
- The biggest amount won on a slot machine was $39.7 million at the Excalibur in 2003
- Slot machines make up around 85% of the average casino’s revenues
- There are currently over 2,000 different slot games from the various game providers
- The largest jackpot payout in an online slot machine game was won in the UK in 2015. Jon Heywood walked away with a cool €17,879,645 on the popular slot, Mega Moolah
- The outcome of the slot machine Random Number Generator (RNG) is totally independent and it is possible to hit two jackpots in a row on online slot machines
You now have all the information you need to enjoy playing online slots. Sign-up at your chosen slots site, make a deposit, pick a bonus and use these details to become a casino superstar!